ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
The Assistant Financial Accountant is a key strategic & cross-functional partner for the Business Unit, Finance team Sales team and the Directors. This experienced accountant drives the business by reporting to the Financial Manager and carrying out various responsibilities as needed in the Finance Division.
LOCATION: Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa
We are looking for someone that lives and breathes the NUTRITECH® brand. If you don’t know what a protein shake or a barbell is, then this probably isn’t the job for you.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
(proven performance in)
- 2 – 3 years experience in financial accounting, familiar with SFAS rules
- Deadline orientated individual with interest in managing profitability and skills in researching and analysing information, statistically scrutinising and reporting results to Financial Manager
- History and/or ability of working with teams and individuals in different departments
- Exceptional strategic planning and communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial landscape and an eye for future financial trends and opportunities
- Passion for growing knowledge base, keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
* B.Com. Graduate (and/or working towards CA or CIMA)
* Must be fluent in English
YOUR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
(the responsibilities we’ll trust you with)
Reporting directly to the Financial Manager.
Preparing monthly statements by reconciling suppliers and reporting back to Financial Manager with monthly reports. Preparing monthly journals for the profit and loss.
Compiling with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations, adhering to requirements, advising management on required actions, calculating quarterly estimated tax payments, assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
Responding to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data.
Providing financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial principles and practices, and developing recommendations.
Preparing special reports by studying variances, preparing budgets and developing forecasts.
Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at NUTRITECH® and a picture of yourself. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.APPLY HERE