FINANCIAL MANAGER: PORT ELIZABETH
FINANCIAL MANAGER: PORT ELIZABETH
Manage the finance team in a successful, dynamic business. Be strategic and develop other control systems for accurate reporting.
The Financial Manager (FM) will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the group, to include the execution of a financial and operational strategy and the ongoing development and monitoring of internal control systems designed to preserve group assets and report accurate financial results.
LOCATION: Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa
The duties of the FM needs to combine finely-honed organizational skills with infectious enthusiasm to ensure NUTRITECH® staff operate as true ambassadors of the NUTRITECH® brand.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
(proven performance in)
- CA Graduate or Honours Degree in Accounting, non-negotiable.
- 3 years as a Financial Manager, managing a diverse team.
- Deep understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Deadline orientated with interest in managing profitability and skills in researching and analysing information, statistically scrutinising and reporting results to Directors.
- Deep understanding of financial landscape and an eye for future financial trends and opportunities.
- Exceptional strategic planning and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Sage Evolution and various other financial software.
* Must be fluent in English.
* CV to include covering letter and at least 3 relevant business references.
YOUR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Working hours 8am – 5pm.
Office based at NUTRITECH HQ Facility.
KEY DELIVERABLES AND WEIGHTING
- Responsible for month-end, interim-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for performing the review of the day- to-day general ledger accounting and the overseeing of the accounts receivable, creditors and accounting functions.
- Responsible for the daily cash flow management for local and foreign currencies, including forward planning.
- Responsible to maintain and improve internal controls.
- Manage all aspects of the Corporate Banking relationship.
- Manage all aspects relating to SARS including correspondence and submissions on e-filing as well as payments.
- Monthly review of payroll and processing of journals in the general ledger.
- Responsible for the foreign currency management for the assigned functional areas to ensure minimum impact on the financial results.
- Responsible to plan, manage and successful execution of the external, internal and BEE audit process.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Routine communication with divisional managers relating to divisional reporting, preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results.
- Assist with ad hoc business projects.
MANAGEMENT COMPONENT OF THIS ROLE
- Analysis on liabilities & Prepayments are accurate & valid each Month end.
- Assisting the Financial Accounting team with any Year end or Audit Requirements.
- Direct line management of Accounts Department, reporting to Directors.
- Assist Financial Accounting team in managing year end and annual audit.
- Mentor finance employees and train, where required, as back-ups in the case of emergencies.
ON GOING DEVELOPMENT
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Strong management and Leadership skills.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at NUTRITECH® and a picture of yourself. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.APPLY HERE